Everything about the learning process
What does administrative registration mean?
Administrative registration involves the payment of a semester tuition fee by a student in favor of the University within a time limit set by the Rector of the University. Passing the administrative registration is a prerequisite for passing the academic registration.
How is done the initial registration of entrants ?
Before the beginning of the academic year, a special space is set up at European University to admit entrants, where the relevant faculty management process managers ensure the registration of entrants and provide them with relevant information. To complete the administrative registration, the entrant must submit the following documents:
- Application in the name of the Rector (to be filled in on the spot);
- Copy of ID card;
- Notarized copy or original of the Complete General Education Certificate;
- Copy of military correspondence certificate (in case of sons);
- Photo 3X4 (1 piece), as well as electronic version on CD.
How do I sign a contract?
If the entrant is an adult, he / she is entitled to sign the contract himself / herself. As for the minor, he / she must be accompanied by a parent / guardian / parent-authorized person to sign the contract, who must have: a copy of the identity document, the entrant's birth certificate; And, if the contract is signed by a proxy, he / she must additionally submit a notarized power of attorney.
When do I pay the tuition fee?
Tuition is paid on a semester basis, within the timeframe set for administrative registration, in accordance with the contractual obligation. However, based on the student's application, it is possible to determine an individual schedule for payment of tuition fees.
How do I register academically?
After passing the administrative registration, within the timeframe set by the order of the Rector, the student goes through the academic registration - chooses the learning courses provided by the educational program. Subjects are selected through the eunsis.eun.edu.ge e-learning system / database of European University. The student is given a username and password to select subjects. If necessary, the student is assisted in choosing subjects by the faculty management process manager.
Can I change my chosen subjects after starting my studies?
The student is entitled to apply to the University within one week from the beginning of the study and request a change in the chosen study courses.
How many credits do I have to accumulate during the academic year?
The student study load for one academic year should not exceed 75 credits.
What is a GPA?
The GPA is the weighted average score of the credits, which is calculated according to the following principle: to convert a 100-point grading system to a 4-point grade, 1 point equals 0.04 points (for example, 100 points equals 4, 99 equals 3.96, etc.). Student GPA can be used to assess student academic achievement and academic achievement.
When is an individual curriculum compiled?
An individual curriculum is compiled within the law to restore student status, use internal and external mobility, participate in exchange programs, and effectively involve students in the learning process with special needs and different levels of academic training. The compile of an individual curriculum is carried out in agreement with the student with the involvement of the head of the educational program, the manager of the educational process management and a representative of the quality assurance service.
What if I had to suspend my student status a week after starting my studies?
In case the student cancels the registered subject and / or suspends the student status one week after the start of the study, he / she will be charged the amount of the semester tuition fee and will have to pay the mentioned amount after the restoration of the student status.
How do I get student status without passing the Unified National Examinations?
Student status without passing the Unified National Examinations for a bachelor's / one-level education program can be obtained in the following cases:
- If you are a foreign citizen or stateless person and have received a full general or equivalent education in a foreign country;
- If you are a citizen of Georgia, get a full general or equivalent education in a foreign country and study in a foreign country for the last 2 years of full general education;
- If you are a foreign national (except for students participating in a joint higher education program and students participating in an exchange education program), you are studying / have studied and have earned credits / qualifications in a higher education institution recognized in accordance with the legislation of that country.
- If you are a citizen of Georgia (except for students participating in a joint higher education program and students participating in an exchange education program), you have lived in a foreign country for at least 75 days during one of the semesters and have received credits / qualifications in a higher education institution recognized in accordance with the legislation of that country.
How do I get student status without taking the Common Master's exams?
You can obtain student status in a master's degree program without passing the general master's exams in the following cases:
- If you have received a document certifying the academic degree of higher education in a foreign country;
- If you are a foreign citizen (except for students participating in a joint higher education program), you are studying / have studied and have received credits / qualifications for a master's degree from a higher education institution recognized in a foreign country in accordance with the legislation of that country;
- If you are a citizen of Georgia (except for students participating in a joint higher education program and students participating in an exchange education program), you have been living in a foreign country for at least 75 days during one of the semesters while studying at a foreign higher education institution and you have received credits / qualifications in a foreign country for a master's degree from a higher education institution recognized in accordance with the legislation of that country;
- If you are enrolled in a bachelor's or one-level program in a higher education institution without passing the Unified National Examinations;
- If you are a foreign citizen and you have the right to continue your studies in a higher education institution of Georgia before the enactment of the Law of Georgia on Higher Education and you have a document certifying higher education issued by the state in Georgia.
What does it mean to suspend student status?
Suspension of student status means temporary release from the rights and obligations between the student and the university for the period of suspension of student status. The grounds for suspension of student status may be:
- Personal statement (without specifying the reason).
- Studying in a foreign country, in a higher education institution, in addition to studying under an exchange educational program.
- Pregnancy, childbirth, child care or deteriorating health.
- Violation of financial obligations (non-payment of tuition fees) under the educational services agreement between the student and the institution;
- Failure to administer administrative and / or academic registration.
- The foreign student's failure to hold health and accident insurance;
- Failure to receive a grade in at least one component of the study component assessment by a foreign student enrolled without passing the Unified National Exams/Common Master's Exams within 45 calendar days of passing the academic registration.
What does termination of student status mean?
The rector orders the termination of the student status, which leads to the termination of the contract with the student. However, the parties are not exempt from fulfilling the obligations arising before the termination of the contract.
The grounds for termination of student status may be:
- Completion of the educational program at a given level;
- Personal Statement;
- Expiration of 5 years from the suspension of student status, except in cases provided by law;
- Death or acknowledgment of death by a court;
- Disciplinary misconduct by a student for which the University Code of Ethics and Disciplinary Responsibility provides for termination of student status;
- Other grounds provided by the current legislation.
How is student status restored?
A suspended student is entitled to restore student status on the basis of his / her own application. Restoration of student status (except for the reason for suspension of status due to non-fulfillment of financial obligations during the semester) is allowed no later than 6 weeks after the start of studies. A suspended student has the right to restore student status within 5 years of the suspension.
How do I use external mobility?
Mobility at the University is carried out within the timeframes established by the legal act of the Head of the Education Management Information System LEPL, in the autumn and spring semesters. To gain the right to mobility, you must register on the electronic portal. Mobility can be implemented within one level of higher education.
How do I use internal mobility?
Internal mobility is announced by order of the Rector at the beginning of the spring and autumn semesters. A student has the right to participate in internal mobility even if he / she has his / her student status suspended at the moment of announcing internal mobility.
Internal mobility can be implemented within one level of higher education. The educational programs of a graduate doctor / dentist / veterinarian are considered to be compatible with the educational program of the first level of academic higher education.
What is plagiarism?
Plagiarism is the misappropriation, translation and dissemination of any kind of data, the result of someone else's intellectual work, text, idea, concept, visual and / or audio material, without reference to the relevant source.