Autorization and Accreditation
Authorization is an external mechanism of ensuring quality of education – procedure for obtaining status of a higher educational institution aiming at institutional assessment and defining its compliance with the standards of authorization. The assessment for authorization is implemented by a group of authorization experts and is based on an analysis of the information collected through self-assessment of the institution and the authorization visit.
European University is an authorized higher educational institution that carries out higher academic educational programs and issues a document certifying a qualification that is recognized by the state.
- According to the decision No. 5 of January 18, 2016 of the Authorization Board of higher educational institutions, European University reobtained a status of Teaching University for the period of 5 years.
- Decision No. 30 of December 13, 2016 of the Authorization Board of higher educational institutions on determining the marginal number of student seats.
- According to the decision No. 1 of January 21, 2011 of the Authorization Board of higher educational institutions, European University obtained a status of Teaching University for the period of 5 years.
By determining the compliance of programs of the educational institution with the accreditation standards, the objective of the accreditation is to introduce systematic self-assessment of the educational institution and contribute development of the quality assurance in order to raise the quality of education.
State educational grant or state master’s grant is awarded to fund a program of a higher educational institution that has accredited educational programs.
European University implements 17 accredited programs:
- Teacher Training Educational program
- Psychology bachelor’s degree program
- Master of Law program
- Master of Management program
- Bachelor’s degree program in International Relationships
- Single-level English program of a Certified Dentist
- Single-level English program of a Medical Doctor
- Bachelor degree program in English Studies
- Bachelor degree program in International Law
- Bachelor degree program in Law
- Bachelor degree program in Programming and Web Development Studies program
- Bachelor degree program in Computer systems and networks
- Single-level educational program of Certified Dentist
- Bachelor program of Tourism Administration
- Bachelor degree program in Business Administration
- Georgian Language Teaching program
- Bachelor degree program in Finance and Banking