Institute of Law
Institute of Law was established with the faculty of Law, Humanitarian and Social Sciences of European University in 2015, which itself publishes the scientific journal -Law and World.
Ioseb Kelenjeridze - Head of Institute of Law
Mariam Shikhamirashvili - Assistant
- 2 000 171 (120)
- Ekaterine Lapachi - Chief scientist
- Tatia Dolidze - Chief scientist
- Nino Tsereteli - Chief scientist
- Ana Gurieli - Senior scientist
- Giorgi Amiranashvili - Senior scientist
- Tamar Avaliani - Senior scientist
- Akaki Beridze - Scientist
- Gvantsa Chaduneli - Scientist
- Guram Gvinjilia - Scientist
- Elene Kavtuashvili - Scientist
- Tamar Mskhvilidze - Scientist
Objectives of the institute
- The objectives of the institute are to:
- Cooperate with international free scientific and educational community and be its active member.
- Carry out joint scientific research projects together with Georgian and foreign partners in the field law.
- Organize trainings, conferences, and lecture-seminars, training-methodological, scientific-methodological and other types of events.
- Promote rising qualification in different fields of law for applicants of different levels.
- Conduct international and nation-wide competitions and Olympiads.
- Cooperate with relevant international scientific community.
- Do scientific and analytical research in law and publish the material obtained.
- Prepare and issue publications (monographs, manuals, scientific journals).
- Promote the development of the law field.
Forms of activity
- The forms of activities at the institute include to:
- Hold seminars, discussions, conferences, training courses, presentations, competitions and various activities;
- Cooperate with various social organizations, governmental structures, international and local donors; participates in projects and competitions, and comes up with initiatives of projects and competitions;
- Carry out legal consulting;
- Appear in court to protect the interests of physical and legal entities;
- Ensure the involvement of students of the European University Law Faculty in trials;
- Cooperate with foreign educational and scientific research institutions;
- Attract professors and teachers from abroad and organize their lectures at European University.
- Publish scientific journal in the field of law, both in print and in electronic form.
- Translate foreign textbooks into Georgian and publish them.
- Carry out other academic, scientific research activities.